What are the main differences between shot blasting machines and sand blasting machines? Manufacturers tell you
The shot blasting machine uses a high-speed rotating impeller to throw a small steel shot or a small iron shot to hit the surface of the part at a high speed, so that the oxide layer on the surface of the part can be removed. At the same time, the steel shot or the iron shot hits the surface of the part at high speed, causing the lattice distortion of the surface of the part to be deformed, and the surface hardness is increased. This is a method for cleaning the surface of the part. The shot blasting machine is often used to clean the surface of the casting or to carry out the surface of the part. Strengthen processing.
Generally, shot blasting is used for regular shapes, etc. Several heads are placed up and down together, with high efficiency and low pollution. Repair, shipbuilding, shot blasting, sand blasting are commonly used. But whether it is shot blasting or sand blasting, it is in the form of compressed air. Of course, it is not the impeller that does not use high-speed rotation. In the repair and shipbuilding industry, shot blasting (small steel shot) is mostly used in steel plate pretreatment (pre-painting before rusting); sand blasting (repairing and shipbuilding is used in ore) is often used in forming ships or segments. The role is to remove the old paint and rust on the steel plate and repaint. In the repair and shipbuilding industry, the main role of shot blasting and sand blasting is to increase the adhesion of steel coating paint. In fact, the cleaning of casting parts is not only the use of shot blasting. For large parts, the roller cleaning is first carried out. The riser of the casting is cut off and placed in the drum. The parts collide with each other in the drum, and the sand of the surface is mostly Clear it and then blast or blast.
Studies have shown that in terms of damage, the tensile stress on the surface of the metal material is much easier than the compressive stress. When the surface is under compressive stress, the fatigue life of the material is greatly improved. Therefore, it is usually sprayed on components such as shafts that are susceptible to fatigue fracture. The pellet forms surface compressive stress and improves product life. In addition, the metal metal material is very sensitive to stretching, which is why the tensile strength of the material is much lower than the compressive strength. This is also the tensile strength of the metal material (yield, anti-wear). Pull) shot blasting machine manufacturers indicate the reason for material properties. The working surface of the steel plate of the car we ride every day is reinforced with shot peening, which can significantly improve the fatigue strength of the material. Shot blasting is to use the motor to drive the impeller body to rotate. By the action of centrifugal force, the ball with a diameter of 0.2~3.0 (with casting pill, cutting pill, stainless steel pill, etc.) is thrown to the surface of the workpiece, so that the surface of the workpiece reaches a certain rough. Degree, make the workpiece beautiful, or change the welding tensile stress of the workpiece to compressive stress, improve the service life of the workpiece. It is used in most fields of machinery, repair ship\auto parts\aircraft parts\gun tank surface\ Bridge\Steel Structure\Glass\Steelplate\Pipeline\etc. Sandblasting (pill) is the use of compressed air as the power to spray the pellets with a diameter of 40~120 mesh or 0.1~2.0 to the surface of the workpiece, so that the workpiece can reach the same Effect. The size of the pellets is different, and the treatment effect achieved by the shot blasting machine manufacturer is not the same.
Sand blasting is a method of using compressed air to blow out quartz sand at high speed to clean the surface of the part. The factory is also called sand blowing, not only to rust, but also to remove oil, which is very useful for painting. Commonly used for surface derusting of parts; surface modification of parts (small wet sand blasting machine sold in the market is this use, sand is usually corundum, medium is water); in steel structure, the application of high-strength bolts is a relatively advanced The method is because the high-strength joint uses the friction between the joint surfaces to transmit the force, so the quality of the joint surface is very high, and the joint surface must be treated by sand blasting. The sandblasting machine manufacturers use sandblasting for complex shape, easy to use manual derusting, low efficiency, poor on-site environment and uneven rust removal.
The general sand blasting machine has various types of sand blasting guns. As long as it is not a particularly small box, the gun can be put in and cleaned. The supporting product of the pressure vessel—the head is sandblasted to remove the oxide scale on the surface of the workpiece. The diameter of the quartz sand is 1.5mm~3.5mm. One kind of processing is to use water as the carrier to drive the diamond to process the part, which is a kind of spray. sand. Shot blasting machine manufacturers can both blast and blast sand to clean and decontaminate the workpiece. The purpose is to prepare for the next step, that is, to ensure the roughness requirements of the next process, and also for the consistency of the surface. The pellets have a strengthening effect on the workpiece, and sandblasting is not obvious. Generally, shot peening is a small steel ball, and sand blasting is quartz sand. According to different requirements, the number of points. Precision casting is used almost every day with sand blasting and shot blasting.
1. Shot blasting and sandblasting are surface treatments, but it is not that only castings are shot.
2. The main function of sand blasting is surface rust removal, descaling, etc., such as heat-treated parts, and the effect and function of shot blasting are more: not only rust removal, but also surface roughness, surface roughness, removal of parts Machining burrs to eliminate internal stress in the part.
3. There are many processes for shot peening, such as: castings, forgings, parts of parts after machining, and parts after heat treatment of parts.
4. Sand blasting is mainly manual operation, while shot blasting is automated and semi-automatic.
5. Steel shots and iron shots used in shot blasting are not really pills in the true sense. Accurately speaking, it is a small steel wire or a small steel stick. It only looks like a meatball after a period of use. The so-called sandblasted sand To put it bluntly, it is just river sand. It is no different from the construction. It is only sieved with sandblasting, with less mud and particle size specifications. Of course, some industries are also different. For example, the shipbuilding industry uses real steel shots for shot blasting and metal ore (not river sand-quartz sand) for sandblasting.
6. Pills and sand Pills are generally spherical and non-angular particles. For example, steel wire cutting pills; sand refers to angular sand grains, such as brown corundum, white corundum, river sand and so on.
7. Spraying and throwing spray is the use of compressed air as the power to spray sand or pellets onto the surface of the material to achieve a clear and a certain roughness. The shot blasting machine manufacturer is a method of centrifugal force generated when the pellets are rotated at a high speed, impacting the surface of the material to achieve removal and a certain roughness.